Saturday, February 24, 2018

Decluttering

I'm in decluttering mode - and it's great!

A good part of the townhouse has been decluttered - from the kitchen to the art area and the bedroom and bathroom - but I've left the home office until last because, well, it's normally the hardest one to do.

And in all honesty it really is.

I do find it difficult to get my head around my books and other crap in my home office, mainly because the computer is also here. 

But in the last few weeks, I've done the greatest thing: I've bought two 5kg bags and posted them off to two people across Australia, after advertising on Bookcrossing.com. Any books which were sitting on the floor and unread by me ended up in those bags and were off in the post!

And you know something? 

I felt so much better getting rid of them! 

I've got so much more space now and I don't feel as though my floor is cluttered up with all those books sitting there staring at me and tripping me up. 

At the end of the year, I'll be doing it again - but then, it depends where I'll be living by that time. I might not be where I am right now... so I may have more shelf space and have the others off the floor by that time...

...you never know!

Until my next post, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment