Sunday, February 11, 2018

Anti-Libraries

I've learned a new word!

Yes... this isn't a bad thing - anti-libraries - it's something that turns out to be quite handy to have more books than you can possibly read in your lifetime.

You see, I have more books than I could possibly read in my lifetime; but I don't worry about reading the, because I find comfort in them. I miss seeing them when I go on holidays and enjoy being around them when I return.

It's not a matter whether I read them or not.

It's a matter of having them around me.

I came across this article on My Reading List on Facebook (yes, I've designed a FB group named after this blog to pull in more readership... didn't work out the way I planned, but anyway, that's not the point of this post), that James Mapes put up and I loved it. 

What a great way to keep us all from wondering if we're keeping too many books in our homes... the answer is no, we're not. It's always nice to be able to walk into our home offices, living rooms or spare bedrooms and peruse the shelves and find at great title to read on any old day or late at night just when it's raining outside or we're snowed in or it's too hot to go out... or when the library is shut. This is why I have a library of my very own filled with every book I'd ever want to read - my own anti-library - just in case I feel like reading an autobiography, or a thriller, or a sweet little romance, a YA, a Paranormal Romance or Time Travelling book filled with short stories... and isn't that the point of having a home library? Until my next post, Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment