Friday, January 12, 2018

Haven't Been Reading

But I have been writing.

And that's a good thing. I've been writing Flash Fictions over Christmas - about Christmas - and have been working on my NaNoWriMo book from last year - and it's looking good too!

Okay, there's a few inconsistencies but I can work through them; as any good writer will tell you, we can make anything work.

I've been slogging through 'The Shining' but with this horrible heatwave, my focus just isn't on it just now. It's just not working for me... and so I'm trying to sleep more and ignore the heat.

I know that sounds terrible; but the book is next to my bed as are my reading glasses! They are right where I'd grab them when I can't sleep, but I've found myself reading the same page three times before I realise I'm not getting anywhere in the book.

So, I'm not reading - and haven't been - since this heatwave started just around Christmas, and I'm looking very forward to the time I can and will read more soon. But writing and editing my NaNoWriMo is something at least; especially seeing I'm in an air-conditioned room while I'm doing it. 

Well, that's all from me for now... how's your reading world - and writing world - going, especially after the crazy season of Christmas and New Years Eve? Mine's pretty quiet... the car's power steering died, and my little green car's at the mechanics. While she's there, I'm driving Mum's 'Green Beastie' Pajero... and it's a hell of a 4X4. Keep forgetting how much power it has. Otherwise, at least it's getting me places. 

No comments:

Post a Comment