Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy New Year!

Well, it's the first day of the new year and I'm excited!

I've been writing in the last month or so of 2017; and editing a book as well. I've also been trying to get my Mum to read 'The Tour Guide' which is a book I wrote in 2016 for NaNoWriMo - but she's yet to get in and do that. 

Might get it off her and have somebody else read it for me. I'd like to get in and do something with it.

But I've been reading lately... well, okay, in the last half of 2017, I got in and read a bit - around 6 books in 4 months; which isn't bad really. But, I really should read more this year. 
And I'm going to start with 'The Shining' by Stephen King. I started that over Christmas; and will finish it over the next month or so, as I'll plug through around 10 - 15 pages in each sitting. 

I will get through this book - then start reading 'Doctor Sleep'; the second book to it.

And then, I'll see what I can do about the Mt TBR by the door of my office; see if I can make it reduce by a little if I can. 

I have read a little bit of poetry by Robert Browning lately - through a book I bought myself for Christmas; and found I love his words. They are just so wonderfully written - as though he's writing down every thought... even if they're a bit muddled.

Otherwise, this year will be a year where I will finish books, instead of starting books and then not finishing them. 

What are you hopes to do this year in the reading stakes? Until my next post, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment