Saturday, October 28, 2017

NaNoWriMo - Next Week!

Well, with this great event only days away, I'm really getting excited and working out ideas for what I'm going to write.

Unlike last year, I actually have a bit of a plan about what I'm going to do this year. 


I'm following the pointers I've been emailed from the site. 


I'm going to write for around 2 - 3 hours per day; no matter what I've been doing - this means, I'll get up to about 2,000 - 3,000 words typed up each day once I get going.


Because it's a first draft, nothing will be held back; so I'm going to be working on getting my story out as fast and as much as I can.


Last year, I was going to meetings at the local library, but I found that they didn't work out too well - this is unfortunate - so I'm doing my NaNoWriMo here at home where I'm comfortable and able to concentrate better.


And the main thing: I may be off the internet for a while, unless I'm on here to update my word count every three days (I promise I'll do this as much as possible). 


Otherwise, I'll be looking at my last book - 'The Tour Guide' - as well as other social events on my calendar; as my life does become more busy at this time of year. 

So, are you taking part in NaNoWriMo this year? If so, keep us updated in what you're going to do with your month of novel-writing. Until my next post, happy reading - and writing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment