Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Watcha Readin'?

It's been a while since I jumped on here and posted to you guys. But there's a good reason for this; as you know. I've been editing and writing a book. Well, okay... a few books. 

And I've been book shopping too.

However, my whole life has done a backflip and I've been getting back into the arts and have joined the Logan Artists Association so I can get my book-art back on track and I can sell my works to people... yep, I'm taking up my painting again. However, it's not acrylics. It's oil painting I'm learning; and it's wonderful!

Okay, oil painting is a lot messier than acrylic painting, but it's a lot more fun, the paint goes further and adds more character than acrylics. But while I'm doing my paintings, I'm also thinking about what books to read next, what to write next and I'm also still writing flash fiction as well.

My flash fiction book is taking shape and I'm working on it bit by bit (I'm up to story 11 I think) and I'm looking at how to get it all pulled together into a PDF. This is one huge file to make it a book. Then, there's the 5 or 6 hour day I'll be spending working on the book itself with CreateSpace.com. What a site! Hopefully I'll be able to sell my work through Amazon and people can either download it or order a copy - either way, I'll be making money in some way.

Then, just for the fun of it, I'll go and do that all over again... yay! Yeah, nobody ever got anywhere for nothing.

Otherwise, I'm still reading a couple of books. There's 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy' by Douglas Adams and 'The Tale of Two Cities' by Charles Dickens. Woah! What a great choice of works, right? But the latter one was something I've heard people talking about lately and just wanted to know what the hubbub was about with it; so I dug it out of my classics section and began reading it. I'll let you know what I really think of it in a few weeks. Well, now you know what I've been up to lately. What have you gotten your nose into? Until my next post, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment